Despite the difficulty in getting bandstand jobs these days with the cutbacks in spending from local councils, the band has still managed to perform a number of outdoor concerts this summer.
Duet Video Clip:
Vicky Mace & Phil Godden
I’ll Not Turn Back
Deal Bandstand – 24th June
We are always pleased to perform for an audience and on a hot and sunny what afternoon by the sea, what typifies the Great British way of life more than sitting in a deck chair listening to a brass band.
We had an excellent concert on this afternoon at Deal Memorial Bandstand and a good sized and appreciative audience despite competing with the England World Cup match.
Thanks to Sian, Elaine and Ricky for helping out fill the vacancies we had for the day.
- Make His Praise Glorious
- Don’t Cry For Me Argentina
- Light as Air
- Donegal Bay
- Ticket to Ride
- I’ll Not Turn Back
- Queen’s Park Melody
- The Wind Beneath My Wings
- MacArthur Park
- Westward Ho!
- Concerto D’Aranjuez
- My Fair Lady
- An Untold Story
- Slipping Through My Fingers
- Three Kings Swing
- Haven’t Met You Yet
- Alan Smithers (Tenor Horn) : Untold Story
- Emma Pettifer (Flugel Horn) : Concerto D’Aranjuez
- Phil Alker (Baritone) : Donegal Bay
- Bob Turner (Soprano) : Don’t Cry For Me Argentina
Hythe Festival – 8th July
On Sunday 8th July, the band opened the second day of the Hythe Festival. Thanks to our deps for helping out on such a blisteringly hot day. Despite having no percussionist for the first 3 pieces (he got slightly lost), the band played well and was thoroughly appreciated.
The set was a shortened version of our summer programme and consisted of the following :-
- March Death of Glory
- Con Fuego (Soloist Richard Warren)
- One Moment in Time
- Don’t Cry for Me Argentine (Soloist Bob Turner)
- Les Miserables
- An Untold Story (Soloist Alan Smithers)
- Queens Park Melody
- Three Kings Swing.